Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Melbourne to Chennai

My father's 60th birthday was celebrated on Oct 10 and 11. It was a grand gala function. We all enjoyed it. It is a blessing from god to watch our parents get married. I pray to god that they live long and bless us all happiness. To attend this function I went to chennai on 08th Oct. My flight was in the very early hours of 08th. From melbourne it departs at 0115. It reaches KL at 0625am. My flight to Chennai is at 1925. So there is a 13 hour transit. When I enquired in the malaysia airlines ticketing counter. They gave me accommodation in a nearby hotel. The hotel was too good. Named as Concorde Inn. I was entitled for a free lunch also. So I to the hotel, took my room key card. Yes, card and no key. To open the room you need to insert the card in the slot provided in the door and then you can open the door. it was a good idea. Then took rest. Went to the restaurant at 2 to have my lunch and then came back watched CNN(that is the only news channel available) and then left the hotel at 5pm. Came back to the airport. The security check will commence only one hour before the flight's departure time. So I was roaming aorund the airport and at 1830hrs went to for the security check and was waiting in the gate to board the flight. As usual the flight was prompt on its time to depart exactly at 1925 and we reached chennai at 20:35. Then collected my baggage and within 15 mins i was out of chennai airport. My father, my wife and my inlaws were there waiting for me in the airport. After exchanging pleasantaries we came home.

No comments: