In the serviced apartment I stay, they have booked the rooms till 14th only. As such I am eligible for 14 days stay. I was wondering what to do for the three days, either i need to get a house right away or i need to spend money from my own pocket. I spoke to my manager in IBM and she told no, it should be till 17th check with the reception. If it is not till 17th change it immly, you dont need any approval for this, as you are eligible for 14 days. I said great. The same day I went back to the hotel spoke to the receptionist and asked them to change the checkout date.
"Veeta katti paar", is a very famous saying in tamil and everybody knows it. But it should be like "veeta thedi paaru foreign landla". Pinna enna, edho vandhoma nimmathiya sambathichoma nu irukanum. In my office they told i need to seach of my accommodation and it has to be done within the given 14 days. Just think, how to search for a house and also to do work in office. I dont think its possible or even feasible. Infact my friend was suggesting a furnished single bedroom house for a rent of 400$ per week. Yes per week only. Even though it is a bit heavy on my pocket and budget i thought why not give it a try. From the realestate website i could figure that the house is pretty small. But still wanted to confirm and to have a satisfaction that I have seen a house I went there. Its a west facing house. Once you enter into it on your left hand side it is the kitchen. No doors or windows. Then a small living room with two single sofas and a TV. On the right hand side a bedroom. The bedroom too has no wooden doors, only a sliding and a folding door. Then in the left hand side, immediatly once u enter the bedroom, there was a bathroom. Inside which there is a another door which leads to the toilet. Even though it was good looking it didnt impress me much.
I am going to see one more house tomorrow which is of 340$ per week. Here the funda is you need to pay 4 weeks rent as advance or bond as they call here. And the month's rent. Rent is always needs to be paid in advance. For August you pay on August 01st and for September you pay on September 01st. So, I need to shell out a months rent as advance now + that months rent. Here there is a funny policy that if the rent is greater than 350$ per week then few landlords may demand upto 6 weeks rent as advance. For the house i saw in the afternoon they were demanding 6 weeks advance. Which means $2400.
Even though the rent is weekly but we need to pay it only monthly. There are two different ways of calculating the same. But since the landlord wanted a 6 weeks advance, it was a simple calculation 400*6 which is equal to AUD2400. So if I include the rent also which will be AUD1733. Put together it is 2400+1733 which is 4133. My company doesnt even pay me that much and more over i dont have that much cash advance. Now what to do. I was interacting directly with the landlady. So, I contacted her back and asked her whether the advance can be taken as 4 weeks. She said she will discuss and let me know and till now I haven't got a call from her. And the problem is this house is a bit far away from the office and its not that easily reachable. So, now what.
Even though my company has arranged an agent to look for a house for me, everybody advised me to do it on my own. I was searching the internet and now got a few good houses. I have sent my interests for them and they have to respond back. One of the agent has sent me an sms saying tommorrow I can visit one of the houses. This house is a bit far from the office but not that far when compared to the previous one. This is also a furnished single bed room house. The rent is AUD 340. I will feel lucky and blessed if I get this. Because in the CBD it is very difficult to get a furnished house for this rate. So, let me see what happens tomorrow.
In the office front, we all went to the client's place today and met the people there. From monday the work will start in full force and we need to complete it part by part. Will update as and when it proceeds. Its a lovely office and they provide free drinks on thursdays and fridays 5 to 7 it seems. I need to check with them whether they will give any fruit juices. Pray for me to get a good house before next saturday.
Take Care and Enjoy.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment